Wednesday, October 5, 2011

WEEK 1: Customer Delight


What an amazing moment!

I was backstage at the George Clinton concert, YES, I’m sure I was in the way but that wasn’t important, all I wanted to was hang out where the sound guy was, and learn as much as I could about the board he was working on.

There was a man walking around and telling everyone what to do and trying to control the backstage groupies, making sure they didn’t accidently loosen any cords or injure themselves. I had to know who this patient man was, so I asked him. His name was Tony and he was from A1 Audio. Tony Alamia is a well-known and respected Pro Audio Mixer and Full Service Technician he was also the guy who watched over the equipment, fixed anything that broke, and he designed the set up for the performers and bands for the evening.

He couldn’t have been a nicer and he worked for A1 Audio, which is now called A1 Entertainment. I had so many questions and he was willing to answer all of them, even though it was loud and he was working, he took the time to engage my curiosity.

I was able to do my internship under Tony and have learned so much. This company and the people who work there are passionate about what they do and are willing to share the knowledge. Albert V. Siniscal, owner P.E. & Sound Designer, and founded of A-1 Audio spent his time explaining in detail equipment and just how things work. I have appreciated the time they have taken to teach me, and the customer service is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment